Tech Transfer Will be Attending TechConnect World Innovation Conference & Expo Next Week
For the third consecutive year, the Office of Technology Transfer will be presenting and exhibiting cutting-edge technology developed by UCF researchers at the TechConnect World Innovation Conference & Expo June 14 – 17 in Washington D.C. According to the event organizers, “TechConnect World is one of the largest multi-sector gatherings of technology IP, technology ventures, industrial partners, and investors in the world. The purpose of TechConnect World is to bring together the world’s top technology transfer offices, companies, and investment firms to locate the most promising technologies and early stage companies from across the globe.”
At the conference, hear about exciting research in the materials used to make 3D displays during the oral presentation on UCF patent pending technology, Nanoparticle-based Holographic Display, on Tuesday, June 16 at 11:28 AM in room National Harbor 5.
Also, hear about breakthrough research on Energy Storing and Transmitting Cables from UCF researcher Dr. Jayan Thomas on Wednesday, June 17 at 2:30 PM in room National Harbor 14.
During the Innovation Showcase & Expo that will be open concurrent to the conference, UCF will be showcasing twelve technology solutions for industry partners.
- Augmented Reality Solution for Sterile Field Proximity / Contact Detection and Visualization
- Computer Network Providing Redundant Data Traffic Control Features And Related Methods
- Energy Transmission and Energy Storage in a Single Cable
- High-power Laser Filament Mirror
- Low Temperature Bulk Optical Polymer Composites
- Multi-Source Multi-Scale Counting in Extremely Dense Crowd Images
- Multicore Optical Fiber for Sensing Applications
- Nanoparticle-based Holographic Display
- Passive Wireless Sensor Including Piezoelectric MEMS Resonator
- Improved Deep Brain Stimulation System for Increased Therapeutic Efficacy
- Rapid Drug Identification Kit
- Ultrasensitive Paper-Based Electrode Sensors for Medical and Environmental Diagnostics
General Showcase & Expo hours are from noon to 6 PM on Monday and Tuesday, June 15 and 16.
Stop by and see us at booth #523!
About UCF and Technology Transfer
UCF is located in Orlando, Florida and recently celebrated 50 years as an educational institution. We have a growing population of over 60,000 students between eleven campuses. Our main campus in Orlando spans 1,415 acres, 500,000 sq. ft. of which is lab space alone. Employing over 11,000 faculty and staff members, the campus is a hub of continuing technological research and innovation.
Our major Research and Technology areas are:
Physical Sciences – Advanced Materials, Aerospace, Defense, Clean Technology, Education, Human Performance, Electronics, Sensors, Communications, Energy Production & Storage, Environment, Agriculture, Forensics, Game Design & Interactive Entertainment, Optics & Lasers & Photonics, Simulation & Training, Software & Computer Vision
Life Sciences – Cancer, Cardiovascular, Diagnostics, Therapeutics, Infectious Diseases, Neurodegenerative Disorders, Regenerative Medicine
If you would like to search for a specific technology solution for your company, use our Technology Locator.